A behavior analysis is done
- To figure out all the things going on within your skin and your environment that have to do with you maintaining your behavior, to figure out how/when/where you get stuck, and to problem solve ways to make your life better
- To figure out ways to change your environment to make your life less miserable
- To get you to have a narrative of your experience
- To practice talking about your problems in non-judgmental manner
- To increase your clarity about your own experience, and
- To get you to think through what you do/decrease automatic behavior
- To give you a sense of mastery and control in telling your own story.