Functional Analytic Psychotherapy Groups: Closeness, connection, intimacy, vulnerability, openness, awareness, risk, and courage
The beginning: Identify where you get “stuck” in your relationships with others
- What prevents you from connecting more deeply to others?
- What do you do to keep people away when you are in pain?
- What do you avoid talking about with the people you care about the most?
The group: Identify where you get “stuck” in your relationships with the group
- Do you avoid, stay stuck, or feel disconnected in the group?
- How can the group help?
- What roles do you take on in the group that are like roles outside of group?
The benefits: Experience a more fulfilling and meaningful life
- Challenge yourself to do something different in the group
- Get support to transform your life outside of group
Session to session: How connected did you feel in the last group? What did you avoid in the last session? What improvements have happened as a result of group? What might you be avoiding in your life outside of group? What risks have you taken in your life outside of group?