Sign up on Mailing List (see below) to Get Updates for Future Classes
Parenting The Emotionally Extreme Teen
How did this class help?
“I have learned many skills to be more effective…to validate how I feel…and to be calmer.”
In this class you will obtain concrete skills to:
- Lower intense emotional arousal (yours and theirs)
- Reduce high conflict interactions
- Respond wisely (and not in the heat of the moment)
- Obtain concrete and practical skills to parent and communicate effectively
- Remain centered, compassionate, and influential
- Identify core values, generational conflicts, and other hidden aspects from your past that may be impacting your parenting without you knowing it
- Obtain guidelines from experts on adolescent research and development on what is “normal”
A small group class size decreases a sense of loneliness, allows parents to practice validation strategies together, and enhances effective parenting. This class incorporates in-session practice, handouts, discussion, sharing, videos, and homework. A syllabus outlining content and homework for each class is provided. The material is based on user-friendly worksheets from PhD psychology experts in the field, and includes mindfulness, understanding emotion, getting through extreme/ crisis situations, and interacting/ communicating wisely and effectively.
If you are interested in receiving information on future Parent Classes
Please CLICK HERE to be put on my mailing list.