Some people spend their lives running. Running is a way of getting away from something. It’s a matter of going fast. It is a way of living life in fast forward. It is a way of being busy and not having stillness, quiet, or calm. It’s a way of being busy, distracted, and pre-occupied. It’s a way to move, skirt around, avoid, and leave painful sensations behind. Some people run away in their hearts, their minds, or their bodies. Some people run because they are afraid that:
- If they don’t run they will start crying, and if they start crying they will never stop.
- If they don’t run they will become angry, and then do something they regret.
- If they don’t run they will be anxious, and therefore they will stay anxious forever.
- If they don’t run they will feel sensations in their body, and the sensations will overwhelm them.
- If they don’t run they will feel things they don’t want to feel!
Do you have any idea about what you are running from?